Sunday, April 7, 2019

CCR Responses

On Sunday, I'm filming my CCR in Wilton Manors with Lau. The style is going to be as entertaining as possible; raw, authentic and colorful, with subtle reminders of the weight in which my topic/social group carries. This is essentially the tone of my whole piece (completely unintentional response to the CCR question on branding) and I want my CCR to be consistent with that. 

Lau and I spoke to our teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, about the style of the CCR. It's going to be a walk-around interview, with vlog elements and occasional cuts to relevant b-roll footage. I also want the editing style to be YouTuber-esque, but we'll have to see how that pans out based on the footage we get. TStok said to not stick to a script due to the style we're going for and to go for bullet points to stay on topic instead. 

Here are my bullet point responses:
 How do your products use or challenge conventions and how do they represent social groups or issues?
-hand held camera footage follows documentary conventions 
-real life interviews with people who have first-hand knowledge 
-filmed on an iPhone breaks conventions
-LGBTQ community is represented in a multidimensional way, from valuable, often unspoken of history to drag lifestyle
 How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?
-everything is colorful! 
-raw, eccentric, free spirited vibe
How do your products engage with the audience and how would they be distributed as real media products?
-Netflix distribution 
-targeting different audiences, even the heterosexual audience by employing elements of "fascination"
-compare it to my fascination with Meru. It was irrelevant to MY life personally, but it was still jarring enough to engage me 
 How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
-getting my phone stolen
-my failed attempt at Adobe Premiere Pro
-iMovie always has my back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...