Monday, April 8, 2019

(Almost) Completed Website

During my editing breaks, I've been adding more and more to the website. The most recent addition is a slideshow of pictures, which I didn't even know Wix offered, but it turns out they have tons of apps you can add for free. I also decided on a font, which I will also be using for my Twitter page to keep brand consistency. 

I love how I was able to make every letter a different color and keep the gay theme going!

I've also gone through every page and made sure the fonts and colors are consistent and stand out on the page. I noticed a lot of mismatched fonts and I think that's sloppy and unprofessional. The color scheme is incredibly important in a cohesive, appealing website. I watched this video to give me more insight of Wix's features and make sure I was utilizing the site to its potential. 

I referred to the Meru film website probably 1,000 times to make sure I included what they had. I literally copied the theater page because I figured I wanted to play at the same theaters as Meru film anyway. It also made my life a little easier. 

The pages I have are home, synopsis, which includes "about the creator", a reviews page, a photos page, a theaters page and a contact page. 

Also, linked at the top is the Twitter page I chose to have for WTTG (Welcome to the Gayborhood). This is where I'll be posting updates and promoting the docuseries. 

Working on the website has taken a long, long time, but it's finally completed. The only thing I'm missing is the extract itself, which will be on the home page with text under it that says "Extract from Episode 2: LGBTQ Youth". That's all I'm waiting on before publishing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...