Sunday, March 24, 2019

Spring Break

I started my Spring Break off with a bang; I got to hang out with Jay right after school. We went to get lunch with him and his partner, where we sat outside and I filmed an interview with him. He was super excited, and I think a little flattered, to be apart of my project and understood the struggles of filming on an iPhone because he had once taken the same class. 

I found it difficult to come up with relevant questions for him. Since he doesn't live in Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando, how could I tie him back to the objective of the documentary? When I was brainstorming questions with him during lunch, I started to wonder if his interview would even add anything to the documentary. I started to think of Jay as the "voice of reason" my class and I noted in the Meru documentary. Although he doesn't have any direct experience aside from being in the LGBTQ community, his knowledge and credibility is respectable and gives the documentary some direction. Plus, he's so well-spoken, which I haven't really been able to find with my interviewees so far. 

After my lunch with Jay, I went home and packed for a weekend in Tallahassee with my girlfriend and family. We were there to apartment hunt and we were successful in finding a lease for the summer. I was busy the entire time I was there, but this project is on my mind 24/7. I figured I had 16 hours total of sitting in the backseat doing nothing, so I binge watched the rest of The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a docuseries on Netflix. I found it to be very well done in content and technique. 

More on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...