Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Lightbulb!

I just found out my friend Jay is visiting from FSU! Jay is actually who encouraged me to take AICE Media Studies and had Mrs. Stoklosa as a teacher too (who he adored). He is a transgender man who was the president of Cypress Bay's GSA and is now in an officer position for FSU's Pride Student Union. Jay is an activist, a tolerant educator, an articulate public speaker, and one of my best friends. I admire him and have since I met him in my freshman year. So when he told me he was in South Florida, we made lunch plans right away. 

This is when I had my 'lightbulb moment'...I think Jay would be a great person to interview! He is credible and knowledgeable on the Pulse shooting. And since he is a college student, he's familiar with nightlife, but I don't think he has much to say about Wilton Manors in particular. We'll see, though. Worst case, he can be a credible source to speak on the Pulse shooting and how it impacted the LGBTQ community, especially young people in the community. 

I know Jay will be more than happy to help. I wish he was staying longer so we could go to Wilton Manors together. 


This is Jay on the Pride Student Union's website! I'm so proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...