Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Editing Day 1

I finally purchased Adobe Premiere Pro...a $20 investment, so I better make it worth it. I've never used such advanced software and honestly, I am beyond confused, even after watching tutorials. I'm barely skilled at iMovie. 

So far, I've imported the footage and color-corrected it. The interview clips, as I said earlier, were filmed with poor lighting and the flash on my phone didn't cover it. I made the temperature warmer and upped the saturation and exposure just a tiny bit--in my humble opinion, it looks better now. I've began putting the footage I have so far in chronological order, but really it's just an estimation because I haven't completed my interviews or gotten all the b-roll I intend to have. 


Before rotating and color-correcting
After

Once I finish filming, I'm going to use a tragedy I learned with Lau in our last project together. I'm going to write out a layout, do a few drafts and mess around with it till I'm satisfied. I'll also rename the clips so they're easy to navigate. This will definitely make the editing process easier. On Thursday, I leave for Tallahasee for the weekend. I'm going to bring my laptop and continue watching tutorials and reading up on the Adobe Premiere Pro features, so that when I get back I can get right back to filming without having to worry about my editing incompetence. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...