Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Monday Manor

Yesterday, I went with my friend Leah during the day time to Wilton Manors to get more interviews. I feel like I've spent at least $20 in cash on driving there alone. But it gets better: I forgot to ask my teacher to borrow a mic, so I had to purchase one. The first Best Buy we went to didn't have one. The second did. For $50. 

So I bought it. But I forgot an adapter. I decided to go on with the process anyway because I was already there. I knew it would be pretty dead on a Monday, but since I didn't have any luck speaking with the police force or city commission via email, I wanted to come in and speak to them directly. They gave me contact info on a business card, and that was that.

Next I went to a popular local candy/marketplace called To The Moon. I got an interview with the owner, a super quirky dirty-joke type of guy who was entertaining. He was able to give me some funny rhetoric to include in the extract. A costumer walked in and I got a very short interview with him, but he said he doesn't drink or participate in nightlife much. I honestly expected that he was a club-goer because of his fishnet shirt and tight shorts, but...

I had work at 5PM so I left pretty shortly after that. I made plans to go to The Manor club on Friday night with my friends and girlfriend and this time, I'll bring my brand new mic AND adapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...