Since my emails weren't a success, I decided to call the places that I initially reached out to: The Pub, The Manor Complex and City Commission. I also emailed the mayor, but I don't have access to that phone number obviously.
The first call I made was The Manor Complex. The department in charge of answering the phone for interactive calls wasn't available until later today, so I plan to call again later and will post that update here.
Update: STILL NO ANSWER!
The second call was to The Pub. A very friendly man answered but he didn't give me any valuable information. After I explained my reason for calling and mentioned that I had previously sent an email, he said management had a meeting this afternoon and will "print out and review" my email. I get the feeling that won't happen. Next time I'm in Wilton Manors, I will stop by and speak to someone in person.
The last call I made was City Commission, which was by far the most helpful. I was super impressed with their costumer services. I tapped '5' to speak to the HR department and a cheerful older woman answered who sounded more than happy to help me out. She called it a 'strange request' and then transferred me to the police department, because she said they'd probably have the most insight on nightlife and the like. I was avoiding this because I don't feel like cops have an honest and unbiased view on nightlife, but when the sheriff answered, he was obviously gay, which made me feel like maybe he does know what he's talking about. He then told me to speak to a woman named Jennifer because she would be willing to be recorded for an interview. I took down her name and number, got transferred to her line, which was unavailable, so I left a message and will hopefully hear back soon. It's only 8:30 AM so maybe she's not in the office yet. I have hope!
My very rehearsed "costumer service voice" that I learned from working at a desk for a year has really come in handy...
No comments:
Post a Comment