Friday, March 1, 2019

Group Feedback

My peers and I went over our projects with each other to discuss ideas, doubts, etc. They all gave me their input and I took away some important pieces of advice:

-Keep it focused: Since the episode is bulky, I need to make sure to stay on topic and not go off on tangents and lose the purpose of the episode. This is difficult for me in every area of my life because I tend to get really passionate and lose my objective in that. 
-Questions form the docuseries: This ties in well with the last point. The interview questions will direct the entire episode. They need to form a circle, rather than a straight line, as Kyleigh said. I need to work on my interview questions today!
-Factual source: Everyone agreed that I should have one source that acts as the voice of reason behind the potential chaos of the other interviewees. I want to contact the Mayor as well as reach back out to City Commission, since I still haven't gotten a response. 
-B-roll footage: I was reminded of the opportunities I have when it comes to b-roll in this project. Night-life as a whole is exciting and glamorous and gross and crazy. In Wilton Manors, it's even more fun...so I have to take advantage of this. 
-Sound editing: When I was describing how I'd do my interviews in-line at the club, Victoria brought up how loud it might be, and how a lot of that can't be fixed through editing, especially since I'm filming on an iPhone. The solution is to borrow mics, which I hadn't even thought of before! 
-Sloppiness needs to be purposeful: I spoke a lot about my vision for the docuseries as uncomfortably authentic and raw. It's allowed to be sloppy, basically, as long as its intentional. My peers agreed that the sloppiness adds a strange value to the production, but it needs to hold purpose and not look juvenile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...