Before I choose the font, I need a background image. I want it to be colorful to represent Wilton Manors, and lively to draw attention. I watched the documentary "Heal" on Netflix today, and although it is completely unrelated to my docuseries, I checked out the website to get some ideas, considering it was also distributed on Netflix. The tabs they included were: purchase, summit, host a screening, testimonies, press, about, events, resources, and contact. I feel like this is too many tabs that could've been combined.
"Meru", another Netflix documentary, only had 7 tabs: home, about, theaters, filmmakers, photos, press, and store. The store page offers it on Blu-ray and DVD, which surprised me because I forgot people still watch movies on DVD players. The press page is important for credibility purposes, and the photo page is particularly captivating for a film like "Meru". In the photos section of my website, I'm thinking I could include pictures of interviewees from each episode. I wouldn't have a theaters page since it's a series.
I've noticed that docuseries don't have websites, but documentaries do. I've yet to find a docuseries that has a website, so I need to do more research. If I can't find any, I'll base my website off what I know so far from the documentary websites I've seen.
In summary, here are the tabs I have so far:
-Home: include reviews, the 5 min extract, awards, the social media
-About: why this topic is important, the different episodes available for streaming
-Photos: pictures that represent the film, interviewees if I can find someone for every episode
-Press: reviews and accomplishments
No comments:
Post a Comment