My friend Lau and I encountered the same question: how are we going to distribute our docuseries on Netflix without gaining recognition from film festivals? According to the research I included in my earlier post on distribution, it's important for Netflix to be in contact with a second party distributor, as well as have the credentials from film festivals. In my mind, that was the most logical plan...but then I realized I've been thinking of my docuseries as a documentary, when in reality, it's a much different process that I really don't have much information on.
After doing research with Lau and my teacher, we discovered that docuseries can, in fact, be screened at film festivals. In our defense, the verbiage is a little odd. My docuseries, since it isn't conducive for a second series, would be known as a "limited series" in Film Festival World. There's actually several on Netflix, too. Essentially, I'd be able to submit my docuseries in its full-length 5 episode series, which is relieving news.
No comments:
Post a Comment