Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Disappointed but not Surprised

After a long time waiting, I finally heard back from the mayor, or more accurately, Aimee Adler Cooke, who works for Conceptual Communications and "handles the media and PR inquires with the City of Wilton Manors."

She sent me back an email implying that they are interested and needed more info. She sent a long list of questions, to which I responded to right away, answering them in depth and trying my best to sound professional and legitimate. I was so disappointed when I got this response back:


"Hi Maddie - 

Thank you for providing the information regarding your upcoming documentary. Unfortunately, the Mayor won’t be able to participate in the documentary at this time. 

Please keep us in mind for future projects and don’t hesitate to reach out should other opportunities come about.
Image result for disappointed but not surprised
Best,
Aimee"

...

I thought it would be kind of incredible to have the mayor in my project. It looked like it was going to work out. Now I'm looking for another person to represent the city of Wilton Manors that would actually be available, but I think it's going to be difficult. Although I was hopeful after her first email to me, I'm genuinely not surprised that someone of high-rank would make time for something of lower rank, like a school project. I think that to others, it sounds like no big deal, which is why I need to convey that it IS a big deal, at least to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...