Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Plan B

Today I got to speak to my teacher, the wonderful TStok. When I first told her my situation, I said that I need to change my project. She told me that wasn't allowed, so I had to work within the means of what my project already entailed. 

My new plan is to continue working with Wilton Manors as the location, but instead focus my extract on how influential Wilton Manors is for LGBTQ youth in South Florida. This is ideal because I have friends that are accessible and available for interviews. Relying on nightlife go-ers when I only have two weeks left is simply not realistic. I'm disappointed that my initial idea isn't going to work out because of someone LITERALLY robbing it from me. At the same time, I'm grateful that my teacher suggested this new idea because I have some really well-spoken friends that will give awesome interviews. Now I can control the lighting, setting, etc more, which should make editing a lot easier. 

Another thing TStok and I talked about is using Adobe Premiere Pro. I explained how I wanted to challenge myself with a fancy editing system, but she said it was absolutely unnecessary for my project. This alleviated a huge burden for me, because now I won't have to worry about learning a new software and editing, as well as researching and planning a new extract. 

This is my game plan for the rest of these two weeks:
-Get two interviews by Sunday. Lab and I are filming an interview Sunday and our CCR together. This means I need to work more on my CCR responses before the weekend. 
-Go to Pride in Miami on Saturday and get b-roll footage and possibly quick interviews (if the setting is right)
-Have my website finished, aside from all the photos, by the end of class on Friday
-Next week I'll focus on creating the poster, getting one more interview, and editing 

This has been super chaotic-- I swear I have wrinkles. But I'm somewhat relieved to have a solid idea and plan. TStok told me to stop stressing because the new idea is going to work out fine, but I guess I'm a bit of a control freak and losing my footage freaked me out. 

Anyway, I need to reorganize my episode list on here to include this new idea, which you'll see in the next blog. Thanks for sticking with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Links

My website is published, my extract and CCR are uploaded and my poster is finished! This is such a good feeling. I'm so happy I didn...